[webkit-help] DOM layout test failure with v8 3.14 on webkit 534.30

Saurabh Khatri sunnyshines20081987 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 02:44:54 PST 2012

The code snippet from DOM test is :-

var NodeList = document.getElementsByTagName(
"div");
var v1 = NodeList.div1;

alert(v1);

This test fails because NodeList conflicts with Dom Interface "NodeList"
which provides the abstraction of an ordered collection of nodes.
This NodeList now already has exsistence. If I rename NodeList to NodeList1
or to some other name, the test passes.
Also, If I use this NodeList inside a function then it passes.

There certainly is some change that has made NodeList's scope to global and
hence it is conflicting.

I am attaching both the test cases with which test fails and passes.

In V8 group, they have tried this test with WebKit 537.20 and found that
this layout test is passing there.

The layout test is fast/dom/NodeList/nodelist-
item-with-name.html
I have tried this test on Android-jb webkit. The version number of webkit
is 534.30.

--
*Regards****
**Saurabh** **Khatri****

*|**Ph.no:** **+91-8888962264** |**Desk: **020.664.77325*