[webkit-help] new to building on NetBSD

Tim Larson Tim.Larson at proxibid.com
Mon Nov 19 15:23:46 PST 2012

> It's more than that. Without supplying code in Source/WebCore/platform
> & Source/WebKit, WebKit doesn't even build or function.

Yes, I understood that, I just wasn't clear in stating it. Apologies. Is there a list of the minimum set of files that a port must supply?

> Each port uses its own build system. Apple uses xcodebuild on Mac,
> Visual Studio on Windows (windows port), Chromium uses gyp, Qt uses
> cmake, and so forth. So some files are only listed in one port's build
> files while shared files are listed on all build files.
>
> For the shared code, we use PLATFORM(*) to #ifdef port-specific code.
> (See Source/WTF/wtf/Platform.h).

Thank you again.

So where's the division between the Webkit port, and a UA using that port?

Tim
--

Tim Larson
Software Engineer
e: Tim.Larson at proxibid.com
p: 877-505-7770
d: 402-505-7770

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify by return email. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, no assurance or warranty is given that this email and any attachments are free of viruses.