[webkit-help] Plugin Modal got killed after 45 secs in Safari 6

Yung-Luen Lan yungluen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 19:36:55 PST 2012

Hi,

I'm developing a plugin that will show an modal dialog when getting called
by javascript.

I need to implement a blocking API design––something like this:

var result = myPlugin.showFormDialog();

And I use [NSApp runModalForWindow: controller.window]; to display the form.

However, my plugin process got killed after 45 secs. In Chrome, instead of
killing my process, it will display a dialog and ask me to continue or
reload.

Is there any way to implement such modal blocking API without getting
killed after 45 secs?

Thanks.

Regards,

yllan