[webkit-help] where/how does Document.write get implemented?

Per Bothner per.bothner at oracle.com
Sun Nov 4 20:13:12 PST 2012

I'm working on replacing the JavaScript engine (with Nashorn).
I'm got working access to the "document" object, going
via the generated Java class, and the JavaScript bindings
generated automatically using the DynaLink package.

I'd like to see if I can get Document.write method working.
However, I'm having hard time finding where that is being
implemented when using the normal JavaScriptCore, which makes
it difficult for me to figure out the right way to do it when
using Nashorn.  I haven't found the write method in Document.idl,
nor is it in JSDocument.{h,cpp} nor in JSDocumentCustom.cpp.

So where is it coming from?  My guess it is added "by hand" somewhere
- but it would be most appreciated if you could tell me where and how.
(I'm assuming WebKit implements Document.write - if not, I'll be
embarrassed, but that is useful to know too!)
--
	--Per Bothner
per.bothner at oracle.com   per at bothner.com   http://per.bothner.com/