[webkit-help] how do I modify property values via WebKit Remote Debugging protocol?

David Konecny dvdkncn at gmail.com
Tue May 8 14:28:31 PDT 2012

I'm looking at WebKit Remote Debugging protocol as defined in version 1.0 (
http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebCore/inspector/Inspector-1.0.json)
and I cannot figure out how to modify programatically value of a primitive
property - there does not seem to be a dedicated method to do that unless I
overlooked it. As a workaround I tried calling Debugger.evaluateOnCallFrame
with an expression which would assign new value to a property but it does
not seem to have any effect - change is ignored. I have not tried
Runtime.evaluate but I assume the result would be the same as
Debugger.evaluateOnCallFrame.

I'm trying this against latest Chrome browser on Ubuntu 64bit.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
-David