[webkit-help] Will Webkit eventually drop WebSQL support?

Raúl Zamora jraulzamora at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 04:49:52 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this. I am a web and mobile
developer. I have several HTML5 applications using WebSQL to replicate and
synchronize server databases in clients. Given that W3C announced that
WebSQL database is a deprecated specification, I am worried about the
possibility of losing this API in Webkit. In my opinion, IndexedDB is a
good API, but when you have to replicate and synchronize a complex
relational database, it is not enough.

Is it a good idea to develop new applications using WebSQL? Should I start
migrating all WebSQL databases to IndexedDB?

Thank you in advance.