[webkit-help] How to open the Web Inspector?

aaron reed joevolleyball at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 31 09:18:35 PST 2012

>From my own build on windows, I open the context menu over an HTML document by right clicking and then clicking on the 'inspect element' menu item.  Don't know if it is the same on Mac.  The web developer extras should be enabled by default on a nightly build that is downloaded so inspect element should be there.  If you did your own build then you might have to do it by hand:

defaults write com.apple.Safari \
WebKitDeveloperExtras -bool true

Hope this helps,
--Aaron

From: davehbenson at gmail.com
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 23:09:11 -0500
To: webkit-help at lists.webkit.org
Subject: [webkit-help] How to open the Web Inspector?

Hi there,

This is probably a silly question, but I'm perplexed.  How do I open the Web Inspector?

I'm using the latest nightly build for Mac (r106264).  When I click on "Show Web Inspector" or "Show Error Console" in the developer menu, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?  Or what can I do to investigate the source of the problem. Does anyone have any idea?

Many thanks,

D.