[webkit-help] JSC: Compiling on iOS

Brian Barnes ggadwa at charter.net
Tue Jan 24 21:13:59 PST 2012

I've updated the project (this is ONLY the xcode project file.)

http://www.klinksoftware.com/download/JSC_Xcode.zip

This new version turns off the things that aren't necessary in the target, and reduces the static library from 190M to 4M, which is quite an improvement.  I have no ideal why debug symbols are so large in this code.

NOTE to WebKit folks:

This change, I don't know if it's my problem or something you need to update, but it stops iOS compiles:

9) In functional.h, change both occurences of:
       #if PLATFORM(MAC) && COMPILER_SUPPORTS(BLOCKS)
    to:
       #if PLATFORM(MAC) && COMPILER_SUPPORTS(BLOCKS) && !PLATFORM(IOS)

And if this could get included in the Xcode project for JSC, it would be doing a lot of us a great favor.  I've already got a couple emails about this and the win32 compile, so obviously there's a lot of people trying to compile this stuff and failing, and I don't blame them, it's a bit of a herculean effort!

That said, thanks to everybody involved for this great script engine.  Once you get it, it's fast, easy to integrate, and cross platform!

[>] Brian