[webkit-help] JSC: Building win32 in 2008

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 12:10:23 PST 2012

Hi Brian,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Adam Roben <aroben at apple.com> wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2012, at 12:38 PM, Brian Barnes wrote:
>
>> 2) In JavaScriptCore, I added: C:\cygwin\home\[usernamehere]\WebKit\Source\JavaScriptCore\os-win32 so it can find stdint.h
>>
>> I'm using the Cario_CFLite build.
>
> Maybe Brent can comment on why this is required.

When WebKit (and JavaScriptCore) builds, it expects to have access to
a set of build dependencies located in %WEBKITLIBRARIES%. The
"include" subfolder here should have a copy of stdbool.h and stdint.h.
 You should not have to modify the sources to include any additional
paths.  I'm actually not sure where the os-win32 stuff comes from.
Maybe Qt or the WinCE port?

>> JavaScriptCore has a couple problems.  The first one is it seems to be leaking corefoundation frameworks.  For instance:
>>
>> 2>c:\cygwin\home\xxx\webkit\source\javascriptcore\runtime\GCActivityCallback.h(36) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h': No such file or directory
>>
>> The line:
>>
>> #if USE(CF)
>> #include <CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h>
>> #endif
>>
>> Now, corefoundation exists in the QT SDK, but not under that path (it's outside of the CoreFoundation directory.)

Again, the %WEBKITLIBRARIES% location should have include and lib
folders with the appropriate CoreFoundation or CFLite analog.

When you run "update-webkit" it downloads and installs the necessary
headers and link libraries for CoreFoundation.
When you run "update-webkit --wincairo" it downloads and installs the
necessary headers and link libraries for CFLite.

The files that arrive from the "update-webkit" or "update-webkit
--wincairo" operations are built with VS2005.  If you want to build
with VS2008 and only have dependencies on one VS runtime, you will
need to build your own set and drop them in the %WEBKITLIBRARIES%
location.  This is what I do when building for my application at work.
 I have the entire build tree for Cairo, CFLite, SSL, etc., at
https://github.com/bfulgham/WinCairoRequirements along with solutions
for VS2005, VS2008, and VS2010.

Thanks,

-Brent