[webkit-help] JSC: Building win32 in 2008

Brian Barnes ggadwa at charter.net
Tue Jan 24 09:38:42 PST 2012

Let me apologize for the flood of emails to this list, but I'm learning
to build on different systems and hopefully the troubles I've found can
be used to update some of the instructions or make their way back to the
code.

Next up, the win32 2008 build.  I've having problems with JSC not
working on certain machines, so I need to build it myself, and all my
other code is in 2008.

First, an important note:  The download for cygwin on the webkit.org
page defaults to leave out some very important libraries that you'll
need to compile.  You might want to enhance the instructions to tell
people to make sure they put an "install" on at least these:
archive/devel/perl/net

I've made these changes, and got most everything to compile:

1) Turned off treat warning as errors and added warning 4396 to be
ignored.  This is because 2008 seems to be flaky about how the templates
are setup with inline

2) In JavaScriptCore, I added:
C:\cygwin\home\[usernamehere]\WebKit\Source\JavaScriptCore\os-win32 so
it can find stdint.h

I'm using the Cario_CFLite build.

WTF compiles fine.
It seems to be building the lookups correctly.

JavaScriptCore has a couple problems.  The first one is it seems to be
leaking corefoundation frameworks.  For instance:

2>c:\cygwin\home\xxx\webkit\source\javascriptcore\runtime\GCActivityCallback.h(36)
: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h': No such file or directory

The line:

#if USE(CF)
#include <CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h>
#endif

Now, corefoundation exists in the QT SDK, but not under that path (it's
outside of the CoreFoundation directory.)

So, the question is (hopefully Brent is around :) ), is this code
supposed to be compiled, and why is it this way?

[>] Brian