[webkit-help] Exceptions in WinCairo XP

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 19:14:44 PST 2012

Hi Anthony,

On Jan 20, 2012, at 10:41 PM, Anthony Johnson wrote:

> Regarding my last post, here's what I've found since then. The code is actually getting into lookup_composite_function(), but it's throwing the exception on the first statement inside lookup_composite_function(), at line 367 in pixman.c:
>
> /* Check cache for fast paths */
> cache = PIXMAN_GET_THREAD_LOCAL (fast_path_cache);

I have updated the WInCairoRequirements bundle to use pthreads for TLS handling in pixman (and therefore cairo).  The specific changes were developed by an unnamed WinCairo user, who noted:

# Note: changes here to use pthreads because of problems with win32 TLS (thread local storage) using: __declspec( thread ).
# Happens because cairo/pixman is loaded using LoadLibrary in [redacted] and so memory doesn't get allocated for TLS in
# lookup_composite_function (in pixman).

I believe this will fix your problem (permanently).

Can you please try the new WinCairoRequirements bundle out (run "update-webkit --wincairo", or just "update-webkit-wincairo-libs" if you don't want to update your sources).

Thanks,

-Brent