[webkit-help] Windows Webkit Build - EventListeners

Mike Fairlamb m.fairlamb at netsupportsoftware.com
Mon Jan 9 03:42:10 PST 2012

Adam Roben <aroben at ...> writes:

> On Jan 6, 2012, at 12:59 PM, Mike Fairlamb wrote:
>
> > Successfully built and using Windows Webkit build in our application. I am
> > trying to implement Event Listeners in C++ to handler the mouse clicks
> > events from the loaded page.
> >
> > I have implemented the SimpleEventListener from WinLauncher and get the
> > target element when the mouse is click on the page.
> >
> > In the handler, I then try and determine what element was click by using
> > the code below:
> >
> >   CComPtr<IDOMEventTarget> target = 0;
> >   HRESULT hr = evt->target(&target);
> >
> > The return value is E_NOTIMPL, not implemented.
> >
> > This is not being implemented (obviously ) or I have not built webkit
> > correctly and have missed out a chunk of code.
> >
> > Can anyone shred some light on this problem or do I just keep digging!!
>
> Many parts of the WebKit COM API are unimplemented. We've basically only
implemented what's needed by
> Safari and our test tools. Feel free to submit a patch to implement the parts
you're interested in!

> -Adam

Hi Adam,

Ok, can you give some advice/pointers where to look to implement either picking
up the target element or just to see what button was pressed (to ignore right
mouse click). I do find the lack of information in expand webkit very
frustrating. There is no overall plan or how the classes and interface fit
together.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Mike