[webkit-help] Windows Webkit Build - EventListeners

Mike Fairlamb m.fairlamb at netsupportsoftware.com
Mon Jan 9 01:52:16 PST 2012

Jerry Evans <jerry at ...> writes:

> Hi Mike
>
> Congrats on the build. How did you do it?
>
> ATB
>
> On 06/01/2012 17:59, Mike Fairlamb wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Successfully built and using Windows Webkit build in our application. I am
> > trying to implement Event Listeners in C++ to handler the mouse clicks
> > events from the loaded page.
> >
> > I have implemented the SimpleEventListener from WinLauncher and get the
> > target element when the mouse is click on the page.
> >
> > In the handler, I then try and determine what element was click by using
> > the code below:
> >
> >     CComPtr<IDOMEventTarget>  target = 0;
> >     HRESULT hr = evt->target(&target);
> >
> > The return value is E_NOTIMPL, not implemented.
> >
> > This is not being implemented (obviously ) or I have not built webkit
> > correctly and have missed out a chunk of code.
> >
> > Can anyone shred some light on this problem or do I just keep digging!!
> >
> > Thanks in advanced
> >

> > Mike

Hi Jerry,

It took a long time to get to this point. Along with help from Chris Waldron, I
eventually got something that seems to work. I have tried getting down the
latest source from svn and this does not build with out tweaking

I initially had problems with cygwin (space in my login name really pissed me
off!!). So I built webkit in a separate directory and not in the cygwin home
directory, using vs2008. When I did manage to build the library and start
testing my build everything was fine. Move to a new machine and then I started
to hit problems of missing vs runtime libraries. This was down to the
WinCairoRequirment libraries requiring specific versions of the runtime.

Found the source for this libraries and rebuilt, removing the manifest flag,
which was pointing to the version of the libraries to use. Also had to do this
with the webkit projects as well.

Hope this helps