[webkit-help] Memory Leak in QtWebKit

陳敏華 chenmh at cn.fujitsu.com
Tue Feb 28 19:53:22 PST 2012

Dear all

I'd like to ask you question about memory leak in Webkit. Currently, I am using
QtWebkit self contained in Qt 4.8.0, and my test application is like follows:

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    QApplication a(argc, argv);
    QWebView* view = new QWebView();
    view->load(QUrl("http://www.baidu.com"));
    view->show();
    a.exec();
    delete view;
    return 0;
}

As you know, Webkit provide RefCountedLeakCounter class to detect memory leak. When I run this test application in debug mode, I have noticed that many WebCoreNodes and CachedResource have leaked. This leak could be a big problem because we want to make use of WebKit in embedded device.

So, I'd like to ask you all whether this memory leak real or not? I just can't believe Webkit would leak memory in such a simple test, or if Webkit provides some other mechanism to ensure memory will not be leaked, please tell me.

Can anyone provide some information about this problem? I really appreciate your help.

Best Regards

Eric Chen
Chen Minhua
Development Dept.III
Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)
No. 6 Wenzhu Road, Nanjing, 210012, China
TEL: 86630566-615
COINS: 79955-615
FAX: 83317685
MAIL: chenmh at cn.fujitsu.com