[webkit-help] can not debug in vs2008

aaron reed joevolleyball at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 28 08:44:41 PST 2012

It has been a while, but I know that I've debugged through safari running a webkit that I built.  I may have built using VS2005, though, but I doubt that it makes a difference.

In general, this is all you should have to do:
1) make sure you are attaching to the correct process
2) make sure that process is loading the .dll's that you built
3) make sure that the .pdb (symbol) files for the .dll's that you built are either living with their corresponding .dll's or are otherwise in your symbol path.
4) some breakpoints may not hit in release mode.  I'd try debugging a debug build first.

Hope this helps,
--Aaron