[webkit-help] Finding "visible" region of element, or preventing overlap in layout

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Thu Feb 16 06:21:07 PST 2012

Hi all,

I'm developing custom media engine (i.e. MediaPlayerPrivate subclass etc.) for embedded platform, and due to platform's limitations I have to render video on top of all page layers. This leads to broken rendering of elements which overlap video region.

I can imagine two ways to solve this problem:
1) Get "visible" region of <video> element, i.e. region which is not overlapped by other elements, and crop video frame to it.
2) Give some hint to layout manager to prevent all elements from overlapping <video>

Could anyone give me some hints on it?

--
Regards,
Konstantin