[webkit-help] customized zooming of html contents

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 23:33:47 PST 2012

Hi,

(late reply, this question slipped in my emails)

> I am new to webkit, I would like to zoom the html contents to zoom levels
> 20 times that of the original ( to the level that a user should be able to
> see big enough that a single character fills the entire screen !!!)

As you don't give anything about which port you intend to use, I will
give a generic answer.

Zooming the content shouldn't require any modification of WebKit.
WebKit supports a CSS property called 'zoom'  that would do pretty
much what you want. You would just need to inject a custom CSS style
sheet or modify the UA sheet for your needs.

Furthermore WebKit has the concept of a zoom factor that can be set on
a per-page basis (IIRC) which may be more simple than the other
approach depending on your port.

Hope it helps,
Julien