[webkit-help] why the javascriptcore crashed when enable jit in the webkit version 95542 on android paltfrom?

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 07:06:10 PST 2012

>       In my version----webkit 95542, when I set ENABLE_JIT = 1 in android
> platform, it crashed randomly in android phone. I compile the webkit with
> arm toolchains gcc/g++ 4.4.0, and the compile mode is LOCAL_ARM_MODE:=arm.
>      I think the crash in the jit, because when I set ENABLE_JIT = 0, it
> will be ok. maybe something wrong with the arm mode generate the binary
> code, anyone knows how to solve the problem or how to debug it?

JIT is a property of the JavaScript engine not WebKit itself. IIRC
Android uses V8 so it looks like a V8 bug and your question should be
asked on a V8 mailing list as they would know the answer. Looking at
the very old version of WebKit you use, I would advise updating V8 if
that's possible as such crashers are most likely fixed.

Julien