[webkit-help] If there any body know howto enable layout test on Android port?

Jiancong Xie xiejc at lenovo.com
Fri Sep 23 19:30:18 PDT 2011

Thanks for your info. It seems Android port is NOT well recognized by
Webkit.org.

Jiancong

Julien Chaffraix <julien.chaffraix at gmail.com>
09/23/2011 10:18 PM

SravanKumar Sandela <sravan.ken at gmail.com>
cc
Jiancong Xie <xiejc at lenovo.com>, webkit-help at lists.webkit.org
Subject
Re: [webkit-help] If there any body know howto enable layout test on
Android port?

Note: There is actually (at least) 2 Android ports. I am assuming that
you are asking about the "current" Android port (the one found in the
Android source tree), not the one that is currently being upstreamed
[1]

> You need to port DRT(DumpRenderTree) and FrameLoaderClient to run
lay-out
> tests on any particular platform.

Android already has a DRT port (it's a Java application and included
in the source tree IIRC).

>> Is there any doc or guide about Android port?

Android has forked WebKit and the code does not live in the main
WebKit repo (the remaining code from this port was removed several
months ago). There is no documentation about that on webkit.org. All
documentation - if any - is thus on the Android website.

> Recently, I want to get some
>> perf result of webkit on my new board. It is implemented with Android.
Does
>> anybody know how to do layout test on Android?

Better to ask this question on one of the Android mailing-lists [2].

Hope it helps,
Julien

[1] https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2011-August/017738.html
[2] http://developer.android.com/resources/community-groups.html