[webkit-help] no WebKit2.h

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Thu Sep 22 12:17:57 PDT 2011

On Sep 22, 2011, at 3:14 PM, Yanke (Yon) Hu wrote:

> Previously, I followed the webkit build instruction, and build everything by using the project script under cygwin and VS2005. And also put some required dlls from Safari browser like CoreFoundation.dll ,etc in the same directory. I was able to run MiniBrowser in that way.

Great!

> Now I am thinking can I isolate MiniBrowser from other projects?  Cause I already download nightly build WebKit Windows from nightly.webkit.org, do you think I can utilize the dlls from there.   Or that build doesn't contains WebKit2 interface , and I still need to build everything.

The builds from nightly.webkit.org only contain binaries. They don't contain header files.

> I think at lease I WebKit source should have a WebKit2.h file, but I didn't see any.

WebKit2.h is here: Source/WebKit2/UIProcess/API/C/WebKit2.h

But header files in our source tree are not laid out the way MiniBrowser expects for building. One of the steps in the WebKit2 build involves copying the public API headers to a location where MiniBrowser.vcproj expects them. So you won't be able to build directly against the headers in the source tree without first building WebKit2.

-Adam