[webkit-help] Having trouble implementing web sql db in my xcode webview

Conti ewconti at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 22:45:44 PDT 2011

I have come a little further in my quest to fix the issue i've been
struggling with ( this issue http://pastebin.com/0CmvdPFh ) - here is
what I've changed : http://pastebin.com/GVU4TAKm but I still haven't
gotten it to function, it is still throwing the error when I try to
create the db.

The error is SECURITY_ERR: DOM Exception 18: An attempt was made to
break through the security policy of the user agent. - but as I've shown
in the code I pasted I believe that this error is thrown because the
default quota size for the webdb is 0…

I got this far by referring to this post on stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/353808/implementing-a-webview-database-quota-delegate

But the solution they presented there doesn't seem to be helping me at all.

I can't find any documented method (aside from this dirty trick which
isn't even working) to define the database quota - with application
cache there are private methods at least that allow you to define quota
size, and with localstorage you can define a path but not the quota,
with web sql db there is nothing. I am at a loss for words, it would be
extremely valuable if there were public preference definitions for path,
quota, etc for all three of these html5 techniques.

I know web sql db has been dropped from the html5 spec but until indexed
db is supported by webkit and has matured a bit web sql db is the only
other solution out there which can handle my needs, aside from writing
my own sqlite implementation.

Thanks