[webkit-help] include webkit to my project

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 08:31:26 PDT 2011

> which parts of webkit source tree should be added to my project so that i
> use this source for my project ?

With so little information, the answer is all of the source files. We
can't read your mind and know what are you requirements (like which
port you use).

> source tree is about 2.8 GB and is massive . can some one help me?

A lot of the space is taken by the LayoutTests results. If you just
want to build, you could easily checkout out all the other
directories, leaving this directory out.

Chromium is checking out by default only what it needs to build from
WebKit repository. You could replicate what they are doing but I would
not recommend that as you are just starting with WebKit.

If you think the sources are still too big, you could also just use an
existing port and import it as a library for your project.

Hope it helps,
Julien