[webkit-help] gaps in network view

Stratos Goudelis phoboulinos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 05:11:20 PDT 2011

Hello,

I am faced with a peculiar problem. We are extracting network info
from the webkit engine (using python introspection) in the form of a
HAR (HTTP Archive format) object.

This is what we see:

http://cdn9.hiverse.net/net-gap.png

There is a very distinct gap between two elements: Element before the
gap is a CSS file (which is @imported by another CSS file) and the
element after the gap is a javascript file (with content-type:
application/x-javascript).

Here is a list of pkgs used on a Debian 6 box:

ii  libwebkit-1.0-2                    1.2.7-0+squeeze1
Web content engine library for Gtk+
ii  libwebkit-1.0-common               1.2.7-0+squeeze1
Web content engine library for Gtk+ - data files
ii  python-webkit                      1.1.8-1
WebKit/Gtk Python bindings

We also observe that the same page does not manifest such a huge gap
on other deployments (usually with debian 5),

Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening ?

Regards, Stratos