[webkit-help] Webkit Build error on Ubuntu 10

sachin nikam sknikam at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 10:40:15 PDT 2011

Hi Ryosuke,
Thanks for confirming that the problem is reproducible and not just
something unique to my env.
On my box, the problem went away after I explicitly set the following
env variables.

GAIL_CFLAGS=<output of pkg-config --cflags gail>
GAIL_LIBS=<output of pkg-config --libs gail>
GTK_CFLAGS=<output of pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0
GTK_LIBS=<pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0>

However after that, I am running in to the following compilation error

$ Tools/Scripts/build-webkit --gtk --debug

/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdktypes.h:114: error: conflicting
declaration ‘typedef struct _GdkDrawable GdkWindow’
../../Source/JavaScriptCore/wtf/gobject/GTypedefs.h:90: error:
‘GdkWindow’ has a previous declaration as ‘typedef struct _GdkWindow
GdkWindow’
make[1]: *** [Source/WebKit/gtk/WebCoreSupport/libwebkitgtk_3_0_la-DocumentLoaderGtk.lo]
Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sknikam/webkit/trunk/WebKitBuild/Debug'
make: *** [all] Error 2