[webkit-help] Webkit Build error on Ubuntu 10

sachin nikam sknikam at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 15:07:08 PDT 2011

1. As per this url (http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingGtk) webkit
recommends libgtk2.0-dev (>= 2.10) and libgail-dev

Although I have the libgtk2.0-dev package installed, It seems that the
configure.ac file (Starting line 188) is unable to detect it and is
going with the default gtk+ version=3.0.
Any ideas why this is happening?

2. As per this url (http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/libgail-3-dev)
libgail-3-dev depends on libgtk-3-dev.
I updated my /etc/apt/sources.list as documented here
(http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/i386/libgtk-3-dev/download)
But aptitude is unable to locate the source for libgtk-3-dev

Regards
Sachin