[webkit-help] wincairo build failure with missing WebCore/WebCoreHeaderDetection.h

Thomas Brodt thomas.brodt.lists at porabo.ch
Fri Oct 28 05:42:32 PDT 2011

Hi all

some while a go there was already a message that webkit couldn't be
built for wincairo because of a missing WebCore/WebCoreHeaderDetection.h
file.
Now I have that error, too. And the solution from then to exclude the
Quicktime option doesn't apply here.

Meanwhile I wiped all the Webkit folder and did a fresh checkout of the
current revision.
I performed an
     update-webkit --wincairo
and also pure
     update-webkit,
so my WebKit tree should be finest.
But a
     build-webkit --wincairo --release
cannot build WebCore because this file WebCore/WebCoreHeaderDetection.h
is missing (which is true).
I build with VS2005.
Some months ago I could build without problems.

Any help would be welcome

Thomas

Here is the console output:

Performing Pre-Build Event...
/usr/bin/bash
Compiling...
WebCorePrefix.cpp
Compiling...
ColorData.cpp
MathMLTextElement.cpp
c:\cygwin\home\thomas\WebKit\Source\WebCore\config.h(33) : fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'WebCore/WebCoreHeaderDetection.h': No
such file or directory
MathMLMathElement.cpp
c:\cygwin\home\thomas\WebKit\Source\WebCore\config.h(33) : fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'WebCore/WebCoreHeaderDetection.h': No
such file or directory
MathMLInlineContainerElement.cpp
c:\cygwin\home\thomas\WebKit\Source\WebCore\config.h(33) : fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'WebCore/WebCoreHeaderDetection.h': No
such file or directory
MathMLElement.cpp
.... many other up to 897 errors