[webkit-help] Associative Lookups in WebKit

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 09:49:26 PDT 2011

Hi,

>. We've located
> the hash table implementations in JavaScriptCore/wtf/HashTable.h and in
> JavaScriptCore/runtime/PropertyMapHashTable.h; are there other hash tables
> we should be aware of?

WebCore is definitely using wtf/HashTable. You seem to have covered
JavaScriptCore.

Depending on the port you are using, there may be other hashing done
at the WebKit level to keep mappings between API classes and internal
classes so you would want to check that. You would want to check that
too.

Also understand that WebKit is a really huge beast and no one can
answer such a broad question with 100% certainty. My opinion is that
with those classes, you should have covered most of the hash maps.

Hope it helps,
Julien