[webkit-help] build error of webkit-r29506

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 08:24:09 PDT 2011

>     I have successfully built(cross compile) webkit-r59711 on embeded
> platform with script below.

[snip]

> but failed to build webkit-r29506 with script below.

r29506 is 3 years old. Apart from the (security) risk of using such an
ancient revision, it looks like the build script is not doing what it
should:

> ./WebKitTools/Scripts/build-webkit --gtk --release --host=sh4-linux
> --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
> --prefix=/opt/STM/STLinux-2.3/devkit/sh4/target/usr --with-target=directfb
> error is:
> Can't exec "qmake": No such file or directory at
> /home/wen/WebKit-r29506/WebKitTools/Scripts/webkitdirs.pm line 693.

gtk does not use qmake (IIRC it used to in the beginning of the gtk
port but then switched to the auto-tools).

> I  found there are different between two build-webkit scripts,   i don`t
> know how to fix it.

I would advise against using such an old revision but if you do, you
are on your own.

Hope it helps,
Julien