[webkit-help] Reg: Can anybody clarify me the procedure for assigning a bug to myself !

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Tue Oct 11 10:59:34 PDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 1:33 AM, just2 contribute <just2contribute at gmail.com
> wrote:
>
> I am a newbie to webkit and just understanding the whole developer
> eco-system.
> Is it like the bugs in the *NEW* state are those ones that are not been
> confirmed as real bugs in webkit?

NEW bugs are ones that have been confirmed to be bugs. UNCONFIRMED are bugs
that have not been confirmed as bugs.

> How and when it gets assigned to a particular assignee and who assigns it?
> B'coz even after having an bugzilla account I am unable to modify the
> statuses, in case I want to assign a bug to myself.

In general, you assign a bug to yourself if you're working on the bug. You
can't modify bugs until you become a committer so you should ask someone
else to assign it to you. But you can still work on a bug regardless of
whether it's assigned to you or not.

- Ryosuke