[webkit-help] Question about IOS support

Jeff Wisgo locksleyu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 06:39:19 PST 2011

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a simple browser on IOS using WebKit, however I am
confused about what platforms are supported. I have read several different
posts on the net that say IOS is not supported by WebKit (and the source
code doesn't seem to support IOS from what I've browsed through), however
one of Apple's pages states:

"WebKit is the open source web browser engine at the heart of Apple's
Safari web browser on Mac, Windows, and iOS. "

This seems to imply I should be able to download WebKit and build it for
IOS, right?

Maybe my confusion here is because there are two different versions of
"WebKit"?

If someone can clear up what is supported that would be great.

Thanks!

Jeff