[webkit-help] Build 32-bit webkit on linux with PAE and > 4 GiB memory

Y.Sanachan sanachan.y at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 07:57:03 PST 2011

I'm not WebKit developer.
But I think this issue is not relating to WebKit.
Because 32-bit OS can allocate memory under 32-bit memory address space,
so 4GB maximum. It is not depended on CPU architecture or any other PC
specs.

Regarding no use swap file, it seems to be the memory management problem
on your 32-bit linux.
I think it's better to report this problem to any developers of your
linux kernel.
If you build WebKit as static library, you can try to build WebKit as
shared library, it uses memory less than static library when linking.

Regards,
Yuji.