[webkit-help] Choosing Audio Devices?

Seth Willits slists at araelium.com
Mon Nov 28 16:17:09 PST 2011

On Nov 28, 2011, at 10:54 AM, Simon Fraser wrote:

>> Even directing WebKit to use a particular device, I'm not sure that it would mean all of the plugins (Flash and Silverlight particularly) would use use that same device, or if they bypass WebKit altogether when playing their audio — I'm just not sure how the plugin architecture works.
>
> Why do you need to do this?

I have a need to direct all sound "from a webpage" to a particular device so it won't include sounds from the rest of the system if they occur. (So changing the default system output device won't solve that.)

If I don't need to build a customized WebKit, that's great. If I do, but it's a simple tweak (like modifying platform/mac/audio would have been), that miiight be doable enough that I can do so — assuming I can get Cocoa to use that WebKit and not the system's.

--
Seth Willits