[webkit-help] Webkit/Cairo Cairo .vcproj file?

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 22:35:06 PST 2011

Hi Jerry,

On Nov 12, 2011, at 9:54 AM, Jerry Evans wrote:

> Can I ping you about building the Cairo port support libraries? All I need to know are the configurations you are using for each (I assume you are using whatever Win32 build method is included ?)
>
> I've progressed to the point where I can now build successfully using VS2005 but am running into problems with manifest files. VS2008 makes this a lot simpler.

I got tired of fielding questions about this and not having a clean archive I could point people at.  So I've put together my current sources and pushed them to GitHub (see https://github.com/bfulgham/WinCairoRequirements).

I'm still tweaking things a little bit (I haven't yet confirmed everything builds cleanly on any machine other than my build system), so I will be updating it a bit over the next few days, but the source code is fully in place.

I've created project files (where they did not exist), so I think this is the first time someone can build the full requirement tree end-to-end using a single solution file.

The exercise turned out to be useful, because I was forced to realize that there were some discrepancies in library settings. Consequently, I've refactored everything into VS props files, so they are guaranteed to be consistent.

The only downside is that the archive builds under VS2010 only.  I have not yet created equivalent VS2005 infrastructure since my current development is being done under VS2010 (or 2008), both of which can be targeted by these project files.

You should probably wait until I give the 'all clear' before trying the archive out, but in the interest of openness (and hoping for some help) I'm letting you know the archive now exists.

Please let me know if (a) you try it out, and (b) if you have any problems.

Thanks,

-Brent