[webkit-help] [webkit-dev] SVG access for native application

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Tue May 31 06:49:15 PDT 2011

Please don't cross post to webkit-dev as this is clearly not a webkit
development question.

> I am building a graphics application and want to use SVG for drawing curves
> and ellipses. As I am short of time, I dont want to implement SVG, or
> communicate to the underlying graphics hardware on any platform. I want to
> use SVG library in webkit for my native graphics app but I cant find a place
> to hook in my code. Is it possible to access SVG library in webkit from my
> native app? If yes how can I use it.

SVG is not build as an independent library thus you would have to use
the whole WebKit engine if you want to go this route. As you are just
interested in painting SVG, any port should do the trick. You would
need to open your SVG file in WebKit and let it draw (this is port
specific so look at your port API).

If you just want an SVG library, librsvg or batik seems like good alternatives.

Hope it helps,
Julien