[webkit-help] Creating tests in LayoutTests/fast/

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Mon May 30 06:51:07 PDT 2011

On May 30, 2011, at 8:13 AM, Razvan Caliman wrote:

> I am new to WebKit, but I'd like to contribute tests.
>
> I did reading on the wiki but I'm a bit confused by the /LayoutTests/fast/ folder.
> What kind of tests go in there?  When is it appropriate to create tests under LayoutTests/fast/  ?

There's no real criteria that a test has to meet in order to be put inside "fast". (The name "fast" is definitely not about speed at this point, if it ever was.) Some of the other directories have criteria (e.g., "http" is where tests that need to be loaded from a webserver go), but "fast" doesn't. At least that's my understanding. My basic strategy is to put a new test next to other similar tests.

-Adam