[webkit-help] Turning LOG macros on.

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Thu Mar 31 16:00:22 PDT 2011

On Mar 31, 2011, at 6:55 PM, Eduardo Felipe wrote:

> Hate to have to come to the mailing list to ask something as simple as
> this, but how can I turn those LOG macros into something that will
> actually print to the terminal?

1) Use a build that does not have LOG_DISABLED defined. By default, Debug builds do not have this defined, and Release builds do.
2) Turn on the logging channel(s) you care about. Each port has its own way of doing this. For Apple's Mac OS X port, you can do something like:

defaults write com.apple.Safari WebCoreLogLevel 0x2

to turn on whatever WebCore logging channel is associated with the 0x2 bit. You can see the list of logging channels and the bits they correspond to in the various Logging.cpp files in the source tree.

-Adam