[webkit-help] mobile safari and mobile chrome: how to respond to html5 audio next and previous controls?

AJ ONeal coolaj86 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 18:03:31 PDT 2011

Both on Android 2.3+ and iOS 4.2+ the HTML5 <audio> tag generates an
interface withplay/pause, next, and previous buttons.

How do I hook into those controls? It doesn't appear to be one of the HTML5
Media Events according to
W3Schools<http://www.w3schools.com/html5/html5_ref_eventattributes.asp>
or
the HTML5 Spec<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#documents-in-the-dom>

I'd greatly appreciate a reference to documentation of some sort.

For an example, see http://sandbox.coolaj86.info/html5-audio-tag.html

On Android:

   - if you have gingerbread or better you'll see the controls in the webapp
   by default.

On iOS:

   - Begin playing the music sample on your iPod/iPad/iPhone
   - Then click the button to "background" the app.
   - Double click and swipe from left to right in the lower menu to access
   the player controls.

I've asked my local user's groups, stackoverflow, posted the question on
twitter. No one knows so far.
http://stackoverflow.com/q/5331180/151312