[webkit-help] [WinCairo] which Cairo version to build?

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 20:27:52 PDT 2011

Hi Oliver,

On Jun 26, 2011, at 2:12 PM, Collyer, Oliver, SI wrote:

> I'm attempting to build the Cairo Windows port.
>
> I understand that the update script grabs a copy of a Cairo DLL and lib from an FTP site, as part of the required libraries zip, but from which Cairo source version is this library built? Is it a standard Cairo build or some kind of a hacked one? If the latter, am I able to access the source somewhere?

The zip file contains binaries that I built locally.  They currently are a hacked version of 1.8.8, that roughly matches the Mozilla Cairo modifications from about a year ago.  The actual numbering is 1.9.3 IIRC.

For entirely different reasons I've recently been putting together a source archive of the various libraries I build.  I'll mail you once I have that posted (hopefully tomorrow some time.)

> I've been searching for a while and haven't seen anything to guide me.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, I apologize for the scarcity of the information.  I'm afraid it's mostly a one-man show at the moment, so not everything gets done as quickly as I would like :-(

I'm currently working on getting an updated version of Cairo into the normal build that includes the most recent Firefox improvements.  This will (eventually) mean that we will be able to take advantage of better hardware acceleration support under Windows.

Feel free to e-mail me directly if you have further questions.

Thanks,

-Brent