[webkit-help] webkit cairo dependency versions documented?

aaron reed joevolleyball at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 22 11:12:07 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am creating a .NET control that embeds webkit so I have to
ship the
control, webkit and its dependencies which leaves me needing the Cairo
flavor of webkit.  I read
https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingCairoOnWindows and it looks like
all of the external dependencies that this flavor of webkit needs to
build are already in the tree.  And it built just fine for me.  However, when
 I added WebKit\WebKitLibraries\win\bin into my path and ran
WebKit\WebKitBuild\Debug_Cairo_CFLite\bin\WinLauncher_debug.exe, it
didn't run.  For example, the tree seems to be missing the icu*.dll's.
It mentioned that I needed icuin40.dll and when I got it from
http://site.icu-project.org/home, that icuin40.dll was missing an entry
point that I guess webkit needed and the library's date and size didn't
match the version I got from the icu website.  Obviously this means that
 the icu libraries that are in the webkit tree don't match the publicly
available .dlls which leaves me a little concerned.  I know that the
BuildingCairoOnWindows page says to copy everything from \program
files\safari, but since I don't think we are allowed to redistribute
Safari dlls, that won't work for me.  When I eventually found
http://idisk.mac.com/bfulgham-Public/requirements.zip and added these to
 my path, winlauncher_debug worked just fine so there is nothing really
wrong with my tree.  I just don't have a clear idea of what I need or
where to get them from.

Can anyone point me to any information on exactly
what versions of which dependencies I need?  I feel really shaky
relying on .zips people have uploaded because, if nothing else, I have
no idea under what licenses these files are made available.  And if the
files don't match publicly available versions (like the icu files I
mentioned previously), that makes me even more nervous.  I guess I'm ok
with shipping what's in the webkit tree if I know their pedigree.

Any help you can give would be wonderful.

Thanks,
--Aaron