[webkit-help] Reg.Memory leak in the webkit...

Mustafizur Rahaman mustaf.here at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 10:10:55 PDT 2011

Hi,

We had faced similar problem when working on an BrewMP port of WebKit. The
problem was on SDK everything was fine but on the device, it used to crash
after loading 10-15 sites continuously. We initially suspected WebKit memory
leak, but then found the observation below

   - If you load the same site continuously for 50-60 times, there was no
   crash as such
   - Also we had used BMP Header/APIs which used to give info like how much
   is total heap/available heap => We found the available heap memory does not
   deviate much for loading same site continuously
   - Therefore, when it used to crash we knew how much memory is requested
   and how much is remaining=>the observation was request for 1MB failed where
   as available heap showed 12-13MB=>memory fragmentation issue
   - And as you said the problem is more frequent is you use bigger
   images/frames it seems to suggest more that the problem is with memory
   fragmentation.

Hope the info might give you some inside to look into.

Thanks,
Rahaman