[webkit-help] practical steps starting a port?

Larson, Timothy E. TELarson at west.com
Thu Jun 9 13:40:59 PDT 2011

> My general advice would be to work on JavaScriptCore first and get it
> building on your platform. There is not too much platform-specific code
> there, and getting it building means your build environment is sound.

I think comprehending the build scripts is the first hurdle. Wending through them now to figure out how to add /usr/pkg/lib to the library path reliably. (My build of a stock checkout balks finding jpeg.) So much configuration and setup is done automatically via those scripts that I'd hate to have to try building everything "by hand".

Tim