[webkit-help] how to run Layout tests

SravanKumar Sandela sravan.ken at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 23:20:32 PDT 2011

Hi Thouraya,

The output you mentioned "tests had incorrect layout.", might get generated
when you run them on a platform other than Leapard, as the checked in
results are the out-puts generated by running the tests on Mac
Leopard platform. Hence when you run the tests the actual output will be
compared w.r.t their corresponding "-expected" files and if there is a
mis-match then the script would throw this kind of output.

Coming to your second question "how to run layout tests?
should I regenerate expected tests using the option --reset-results or not?"

When ever you run the tests on a new platform any thing other than Leopard,
we will have to generate new "-expected" files. This is called
Rebase-lining. Do this only if you are sure about the obtained out-put and
it is correct output. Rebase-lining is nothing but copying the "correct"
actual outputs of the tests to respective expected files. You can do this
using --reset-results option also. But check upstream if they are broken in
actual webkit also before rebase-lining.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,
-Sravan

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 2:56 PM, thouraya andolsi <thouraya.andolsi at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I compiled webkit for Gtk/Directfb backend.
> Trying to run css1 layout tests using the following command line
> "run-webkit-tests --gtk --skipped=ignore --no-launch-safari  --root=$ROOT
> css1"  I get : tests had incorrect layout.
>
> how to run layout tests?
> should I regenerate expected tests using the option --reset-results or not?
>
> Regards,
> Thouraya.

Living for the unseen and undone....