[webkit-help] Webkit Platforms

Joe McBride jofuss55 at optonline.net
Sat Jul 16 07:00:13 PDT 2011

I use an Apple PowerPC, Dual 1.8GHz G5, with 2.25 GB DDR SDRAM. My OS
is Mac OS X version 10.5.8.
I always download the nightly builds via the "search for webkit
updates" function in the "Safari"  drop down menu.
Since July 7th, I have successfully downloaded the nightly build, but
when I try to install, the Web Kit icon is greyed out and i get the
message that this software is not supported by the architcure,
Is the PPC no longer a viable platform or unsupported or is this just
a bug?
Either way, direction is appreciated as I misss WebKit ( back to using
just Safari, which seems slow).
Thanks, in anticipation.