[webkit-help] How to detect unsupported Unicode character?

Kamil Blank caceel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 09:11:03 PST 2011

Hi Guys,

I'd like to find out whether Unicode character I'm displaying is supported
by system fonts or not.
In other words - whether it'll be displayed as it should be or as a
rectangle (empty/containing Unicode/containing question mark etc. inside).
I've tried different ways inside Font::drawComplexText()
(WebCore/platform/gtk/FontGtk.cpp) but I didn't find a good way to detect
it.

Could you please give me any advice on how can I do it?

I want to replace missing UChar by character I specify. I would appreciate
if you could provide any information that can help.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Kamil Blank