[webkit-help] License issue about using JSC in iOS application

cuper lankalanka at 126.com
Thu Dec 29 06:33:28 PST 2011

I'd like to use JavaScriptCore as an interpreter engine in my iOS application. Does it violate the license of JSC if I keep the application closed-source?

I've searched the internet and read through some discussions about iOS and LGPL, like this one: "http://multinc.com/2009/08/24/compatibility-between-the-iphone-app-store-and-the-lgpl/".

I also found out that some companies are using JavaScriptCore in their iOS products. For example, Appcelerator Titanium for iOS (a framework enables developers make iOS app with JavaScript) is built upon a modified version of JavaScriptCore. The framework is licensed in Apache Public License v2,  I'm not sure if it's a violation of LGPL or not.

Could someone help me clarify the license issue? Is it legal to use JavaScriptCore in a proprietary iOS application?

Thanks in advance.