[webkit-help] [Webkit][Win32 Port] Cannot Remote Debug application on Safari

bharat dutt bharatdutt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 02:05:55 PST 2011

Hi

I to remote debugging Safari on Windows 7 platform by following
intructions given on the following link -
http://www.webkit.org/blog/1620/webkit-remote-debugging/

I was able to remote-debug google chrome by following instructions
given in the above mentioned link.  I opened google chrome through
command prompt like  - Chrome.exe --remote-debugging-port=9222.
Then open "http://localhost:9222" on safari. It works.

But I was unable to remote debug Safari using the same commands as
above- Safari.exe --remote-debugging-port=9222. Then open
"http://localhost:9222" on any other webkit based browser like
Minibrowser, Safari or Chrome. It doesn't work.

My Question -

1.) Is Remote Debugging currently supported on latest Webkit nightly
build available on win32 port ??
2.) Can I remote debug between 2 different machines ??
3.) Also is remote debugging supported on Windows implementation of
webkit-gtk ??

Regards
Bharat