[webkit-help] NSValueRef Spiking up the memory

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 15:01:52 PDT 2011

> I extended javascript to invoke custom C code in WebKit (WinLauncher)
> But I have seen that there is a considerable Spike in the memory Consumption
> as the Application Lives on.
>
> I tried to Analyse why its so.. But all I am using is JSValueMakeString and
> return it.
> Do I have to free this ? Quite strange because Apple Docs Done say anything
> about it (GC will handle)

If the documentation says that the GC will handle it, it's usually correct :-)

Did you do your measures after a GC to make sure your memory
measurements are accurate?

Also WebKit uses lots of caches internally which could account for the
memory increase (one being the back/forward cache if you navigate to
other pages). You will have to do more precise memory measurements if
you want us to give you good advises.

Thanks,
Julien