[webkit-help] How to enable Web Inspector in winlauncher

Sumedh vsbhogle at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 23:06:32 PDT 2011

>>1) We are using winlauncher project with webkit (apple port). We want
something to debug html as well as javascript. Web inspector is not working
for us. Is there any flag that i need to set while building webkit to enable
inspector element.

>You need to turn on the "developer extras" preference. You can do this by
calling IWebPreferencesPrivate::

> setDeveloperExtrasEnabled(TRUE).
>
> Here is the code in which we are setting DeveloperExtrasEnabled to true.
Are we taking right approach.

    IWebPreferences* tmpPreferences = 0;
    IWebPreferences* standardPreferences = 0;

    if (FAILED(WebKitCreateInstance(CLSID_WebPreferences, 0,
IID_IWebPreferences, reinterpret_cast<void**>(&tmpPreferences))))
        goto exit;

    if (FAILED(tmpPreferences->standardPreferences(&standardPreferences)))
        goto exit;

    standardPreferences->setAcceleratedCompositingEnabled(TRUE);

    hr = standardPreferences->QueryInterface(IID_IWebPreferencesPrivate,
reinterpret_cast<void**>(&prefernceprivate));
    if (FAILED(hr))
       goto exit;

    prefernceprivate->setDeveloperExtrasEnabled(TRUE);

    prefernceprivate->developerExtrasEnabled(&bln);

    hr = WebKitCreateInstance(CLSID_WebView, 0, IID_IWebView,
(void**)&lWebView);
    if (FAILED(hr))
        goto exit;

Still,we can not get web inspect element when i click on it.

NOTE: I am using webkit.dll from the nightly builds.

--
Namaskar,
Sumedh S Bhogle