[webkit-help] Issue in Apple Build

Nimish Nayak nimishnayk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 13:26:36 PDT 2011

Hi

Main Issue:-
If I launch my website in Google Chrome Browser / Microsoft IE Browser (6+)
/ Mozilla Firefox It works fine.
But when i try to launch the same in Safari it does not work.
The webpage is a login page where the user is asked for his credentials
(normal HTML Form) and a flash object is embedded next to it which is
showing the current state of the stock market.
This Flash Object and the Form Interactions (when clicked on submit button)
do no work only in Safari.

On further checking I found out that the Flash Object was relying on Java
Script to provide it data. Since it is not receiving the data from JS
(issue) its not able to render anything thus is seen blank.
Safari has full Flash Support I tried and tested pertaining to Adobe links
and it says Flash Player is 10.2/3.

Is there a permission issue. Does Safari prohibits flash from communicating
with Js inside Safari ?

I would like to know if someone knows any work around for this issue since i
want to launch my site in my webkit build too . Albeit it performs no
different there as of now.

Thanks in Advance.
--
Mr. Nimish Nayak