[webkit-help] how to build webkit on Fedora 10 (2)

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 21:51:45 PDT 2011

Hi,

Please make sure you read http://www.webkit.org/asking_questions.html.
Here your context can be deduced but you will get better answers the
more information you gather and provide.

> This time I tired to build/install webkit-1.2.7 to Fedora Core 10, and
> executed ./configure.  Then, although enchant is installed, I got
> message

When you run configure, it generates a config.log that should give you
the reason why it is failing.

>  No Package 'enchant' found.

A common mistake about that is that some distributions (the Debian
based ones for example, not sure for Fedora) split packages between
user package and developer package. You need to install developer
packages (see https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingGtk) that have all
the headers files and everything needed to use the projects.

Hope it helps,
Julien